Mozilla Firefox 2 Beta 2 Milestone Released
Friday September 1st, 2006
#43 Re: Visual refresh
Wednesday September 6th, 2006 10:35 AM
You are replying to this message
1) the 3d and beveled look on the back and forward buttons is too pronounced and unappealing. It looks very fat and block-like.
2) refresh, stop and home buttons are too greyed out. the eye catching colors of the Firefox 1.5 theme are simple and more appealing.
3) not being able to remove the go button is a bad decision. Firefox users like to be able to configure things the way they want them. now the go button just takes up uneccessary space if you don’t want it.
4) location of Cached files should be configurable. many users like to place their cache on external hard drives, usb drives, partitions or custom directories.
new theme and less configuration options = thumbs down for firefox 2.0 beta 2.
1) secuity 2) configurability 3) simple and elegant UI
until a better “new look” can be found.