Mozilla Firefox 2 Beta 2 Milestone Released
Friday September 1st, 2006
#29 Theme issues
Tuesday September 5th, 2006 3:13 AM
You are replying to this message
1. Definitely definitely (no question) needs more space top and bottom of the main navigation buttons, at least two pixels each side. They're all crunched up; yet these are main browser control buttons. They deserve their personal space. :)
This is the only major issue with the theme that I've noticed. Some minor issues:
2. The new hover behaviour on back/forward is not bad, but the actual icons are slightly uglier - I don't like the shiny effect.
3. It would be nice to be able to turn off the Go and Search buttons, since for those who prefer to press Return, these just add screen clutter and reduce space available for the main boxes.
4. I'm not yet quite convinced about the inactive tab appearance - they're 'behind', not 'disabled'. You can click on them! But they definitely look disabled. Shouldn't the text (only) remain black, just not bold? Perhaps with a deeper background shadow if needed.
5. There isn't enough space to the right of the Stop button/left of the address bar; this should be a wider space to match the inter-button space. Not sure how easy that is to arrange though given that people can move the toolbar components around.